Wednesday 3 March 2010

Bill Goes Nuts!





Here's a recent job I did for the nice people at Nuts magazine, this issue is in the shops 5-11 Mar.
Really cool job this, they had seen my booklet Kaleidoscope and really liked a pic I'd done called Game Zombie and asked me whether I'd be available to do something similar for them, needless to say I almost bit their hands off.

Brief was for a double page spread called 21 Mad Body Facts, the art director Simon Freeborough then gave me a itemised list of things he wanted on the Zombie, these included, a detached thumb up the guy's nose, a sweaty foot, nails hammered into a knee and many more outlandish things, note to art directors; illustrators love this kind of thing.

Rough (bottom image) which again was more worked up than I usually do was completed in a day, and the final was pretty much complete over a weekend, a few alterations here and there as asked for by Simon and then it was complete (middle image)

A week later it was in the shops, and as you can see from the top image it printed really quite well, I thought the art director did a great job with the type on this, really let the artwork do the talking.
Hopefully this will be the first of many images i'll do for the fellas at Nuts, it really was a joy to do this image... more jobs like this please any art directors out there!


1 comment:

  1. Good work Bill hope you get more work from those Nuts Guyz and Galz ! I bought that copy of Nuts nice 1 pal !!

    ReplyDelete